Notice BoardNo items found.
St Edward’s Infant and Primary Schools are situated 1 kilometre apart within the Parish of St Edward’s, South Tamworth, in the Diocese of Armidale.
The Sisters of St Joseph established St Edward’s School in Robert Street. St Edward’s School was originally known as St Mary’s Church School. The school was officially opened by Bishop Doody on 31st January, 1954. The present Primary site, adjacent to Mary Help of Christians Church, was officially opened by Bishop Freeman in 1970.
On the 17th April, 1983, Mary Help of Christians Church was blessed and opened by Bishop Kennedy.
St Edward’s School separated into two schools on 5th May, 1984 - St Edward’s Infant School (Robert Street) and St Edward’s Primary School (Hillvue Road). On 29th January, 1990, both schools were again united and called St Edward’s School. The school operates today as one school, on two sites.
St Edward’s Primary School is the largest Catholic Primary School in the Armidale Diocese.
Tamworth is the main centre servicing the whole North and North-West Region with many opportunities for wide community involvement.
Tamworth is serviced by excellent communications, and enjoys the benefits of a city within a rural atmosphere.
A wide variety of quality recreational and sporting facilities, social welfare services, charitable organisations and modern medical care are located within the community. The school receives positive assistance from these as well as Parish associations.